Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dance Revolution

For Christmas this year, Brian purchased me the Dance Revolution game for my Nintendo Wii. Yes, it's that game at the mall that the music carries all over and a crowd of people stand around and watch one person dance on this special "mat" in order to score the highest points. Prior to Christmas, I believed that this was ridiculous and couldn't really understand how anyone could find it entertaining to 1. Do this activity, or 2. Watch someone else do it.

My opinion has since changed. After watching Brian do it on Christmas Eve prior to going to church and partaking in it on New Years Eve, I have a new found feeling for the Dance Revolution Game: humility.

It has a "workout" setting that I was eager to try. So yesterday, I got home from work, changed clothes and set the game for a 30 minute workout. You may think you have coordination and all will be fine - you are wrong. At one point, the game started booing. Fortunately, I was able to pull myself out of the depths and get a "C" on that dance. For 30 minutes I did this.

This morning I woke up and immediately wished I had an ejector button for the bed. I realized rather quickly that I should have stretched after dancing. A lesson I learned this morning.

Anyway, I plan on going home and doing it again. I'll have my cell phone in case I need to call someone tomorrow morning as well.

Happy Exercising!

No comments: