Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday.....

Today was our first rehearsal en masse. I was mistaken in the number of total singers that I thought were going to be performing. I had heard around 200. The actual number is 280. The sound that is produced is really intense and amazing. I really wish every one of you could come and see the concert just for the sheer sound of it all.

Our rehearsal lasted three and a half hours. Needless to say, I'm rather vocally tired. Our director is really wonderful. I feel so lucky to be working with him. I did find out that he works at a Conservatory outside of Cleveland, Ohio, so that's pretty cool too.

After the rehearsal, I met up with some friends who live in New Jersey. We had lunch at 2nd Ave. Deli. It was truly a "real" deli, complete with screaming waiters, delivery boys and customers. The ambience was worth it. The food was also great - complete with chicken noodle soup with homemade broth. Try it, if you are ever here and have the time.

One thing that did shock me just a little bit, though I didn't show it, was that when we walked out of the deli towards Lexington Avenue, we did get asked on the street if we wanted to buy some drugs. That's the first time and I hope the last time THAT ever happens.

I came back to the hotel then and relaxed for a while, before going down in to Grand Central Station for some starbucks and some dried fruit for breakfast tomorrow. Now I'm just hanging out in the lobby, waiting to hear from my family who are coming in from various parts of the country.

Stay tuned...

No comments: