Friday, January 16, 2009

The Grand Hyatt

We arrived in New York with no problems on the flight. At one point, we were in a "holding pattern" for about 15 minutes, then we got released to travel the rest of the way to NYC.

In case you didn't know, the weather here is much like Kansas when we left - really really cold. We waited outside at the Newark airport for our bus to pick us up to take us to the hotel - The Grand Hyatt. Some people waited inside. I, myself, did NOT.

We got on the bus. Let me tell you I think I made a mistake sitting in the front seat. I sat beside our Director and pretty much had white knuckles the entire rest of the trip to the hotel. This trip took an hour. I've never seen so many cars trying to go from like 8 lanes to 3 in about 1000 feet. Crazy.

I had dinner this evening at Grand Central Station with some of my choir people. My family comes in tomorrow and rehearsals start bright and early. 9am-12:30pm.

More later!

1 comment:

Alan said...

I just hope Ken behaves himself and doesn't cause an international incident (since you're in the same city as the United Nations.)