Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Egg Nog Blog

I was going to sit here and give you the history of egg nog, but I really don't have the desire to do that, so never mind.

I'm sitting here writing this on Saturday, December 27. Yesterday it was 65 degrees here. I was running around town with short sleeves and no coat on. Currently, it is 28 degrees and it is snowing. It looks like I'm sitting in a snow globe. Please don't turn me upside down!

The holidays are a time for reflection and togetherness. Christmas is always a bit of a hectic time for me. Lots of shopping at the last minute (of course) and the feeling as if there is always wrapping paper pieces or tinsel on the freshly vacuumed carpet. I think I have vacuumed every other day since the week prior to Christmas.

Today I began deconstructing my Christmas tree in preparation for a New Year's gathering. And while I welcome the space that is going to return, I am somewhat saddened. My living room has become "bare" once again - or at least bare after the decorations that were up. The decorations coming will be the friends and family that I've invited over for New Years Eve. It should be a good time.

I'll cut my blog short today to wish each and every one of my readers a Happy New Year and that I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

In the meantime, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

1 comment:

cwihs50 said...

Em:

Glad you had a great Christmas and wishing you the very Happiest of a New Year. I haven't forgotten my donation....just waiting for payday.