Thursday, October 2, 2008

The King is alive....


Yes, friends, the King himself, Elvis Presley is alive and well in Kansas. Why Kansas? I can't think of a better place, can you? Little did you all know that I had a roommate. His name is Elvis. I've enclosed a photo, in case you don't believe me. Seriously, though, Elvis does live in my office at home. He sits on the top of a cabinet and hangs out.


This item is a gift from Brian that he purchased during a woot off. (http://www.woot.com/) This item was delivered to him and he had the kindness in his heart to bring it to my home while I was at work. You can imagine what happened. I came in the door and nearly soiled myself because staring at me was the creepiest Elvis in a box I have ever seen. Later that night, he came over and we took "E" out of the box and set him up (plugged him in - LOL).


He came to life before my very eyes. Blinking, talking, singing, doing that lip thing. Here's the creepy part: he has a motion detector built in, so as I paced around in front of him, he tracked me and followed me with his eyes. The skin is this rubbery substance. But wait...there's more.


He does sing and talk. There are monologues and even a karaoke function that you could plug a microphone in and sing with it. The remote is a long silver microphone.


I moved Elvis to the bar and I tell you, every time I come in, I swear someone's in my house. My goal is to take him around Topeka and get some great candid shots and post those.


Thank ya, thank ya very much!

No comments: