Monday, October 13, 2008

How do you get to Carnegie Hall???

The famous answer is "Practice, Practice, Practice!"

These days, it seems that is what I am doing!

In case you didn't know, I will be singing at Carnegie Hall in New York in January. The community choir I sing with was invited and 22 of us have decided to go. We will be singing in a concert on January 19, 2009 with approximately 200 other choir members and will be accompanied by a symphony. We'll be performing Mozart's Requiem.

We (the group going) practice every Wednesday prior to our regular choir rehearsal. It's good for me because I get warmed up pretty quickly for our regular rehearsal.

We will leave on Friday, January 16. We will have rehearsals Saturday, Sunday and Monday prior to the concert. Evidently, the rehearsals are several hours long and then the rest of the time is free time. I'm hoping to catch a show or two if possible.

Following the concert, there's a "cruise" around Manhattan. According to my Director, Ken, who has sung in one of these concerts before, there was no cruise - because it was January and the river was frozen. In this situation, we still get to have a party with the other performers on the boat complete with dinner and dancing. I'm soooo excited.

I'm also really excited because some of my family is coming. It will be a great time!

On the flip side of this, if you live in Topeka, please note I am selling candy to raise funds. Let me know if you would like to purchase one or some.

I must bid a fond farewell for this evening. I have to go practice some more!

No comments: