Thursday, August 27, 2009

Attack of the Pink Glitter

In honor of my boss' birthday on Tuesday, our unit decided to have a Disco Themed party. We also decided to dress the part. I scanned my closet, in hopes of finding something that would be suitable for the party and still dress code appropriate. Hiding behind a skirt, I found a shirt with pink sparkly glitter all over it. Success!

I dressed on Tuesday morning, watching a cloud of pink glitter fall onto the carpet in my house as I put the shirt on. This should have given me an indication of what it was going to be like all day. It did not. For the remainder of the day, everywhere I went, I left glitter. Today, still, in my chair at work is a line of glitter from where it fell off as I sat there. In my car, it's like a special seat covering. I also went to the church that afternoon and spoke with our Youth Director in her office. I left her chair sparkly too.

By the time I got home, I was covered in glitter. On my face, in my hair, on my neck, my arms, etc. It did not help that it was hot that day and so the sweat just made it all the more glittery. I don't know if you know this, but glitter is darn near impossible to remove.

The next morning, I took a shower and seriously scrubbed hard, in an effort to remove the glitter from my body. I think I removed an entire layer of skin. Still, as I checked my appearance in the mirror prior to leaving, I found more. Unbelievable!

Last night I took a bath and when I went into the bathroom to fill the tub, I looked down and saw it. One piece. In the tub. Nice.

It's now Thursday and I am still glitter-laden. I guess it just means I have a sparkly personality.

No comments: